TUV Rheinland Eco-Hotel certification – 2009 – Present
TUV Rheinland Singapore
performed a certification audit at Siloso Beach Resort with the objective to determine, whether the implemented environmental management system meets the requirements for obtaining the TUV Rheinland’s "Eco-Hotel" certification program. The certification requirements also encompassed ISO 14000 criteria for an environmental management system.
The audit was based on the following:
- Audit self-assessment checklist
- Documentation of the Environmental management system
- Records read during the audit (eg water, energy consumption)
- Interviews with management and employees
- Observations done during the audit and recorded with photos
The scope of TUV Rheinland’s audit was comprehensive of all hotel operations (including front office, reservations, housekeeping, food and beverage, sales and marketing, accounting, engineering and maintenance, human resources, safety and security, and others)
During the certification audit, the hotel provided evidence of having implemented an environmental management system meeting the requirements specified in the respective "Audit Checklist" that allow the awarding of the "ECO-Hotel" certification.